Looking to prolong the shelf life of your last sunless spray tan session? Follow these tips to keep that glow fresh!
Prior to your appointment-
- Start exfoliating your skin daily about 2-3 days before your scheduled spray tanning session.
- Do not apply any lotions, moisturizers, deodorants or foundation.
- Wear lose fitting, dark clothing to your appointment.
- Cocktail your session. Prior to spray tanning opt in for a quick red light session. Red light therapy opens pores and speeds up circulation for a more effective spray tan session.
At your Appointment-
- Choose a level of color that will compliment your skin tone. Most sunless tanning systems will allow you to go up to 3 shades darker. Consult your Wellness Specialist upon arrival to your appointment as to which shade they think would be right for you.
- Opt in for the Sunless Primer- Sunless primer can be applied in a gel, lotion or cream. Most sunless tanning spray booths give you the option of having the primer sprayed prior to your sunless application. Primers use advanced peptides that will help your skin develop its color faster over a shorter period of time as well as helps to blend your color.
- Remove any makeup or wipe away any deodorant. We know its not always possible to come starlight in to tan after a shower. So if you do happen to have makeup on simply remove it with a baby wipe. Most salons have wipes available.
- Add in the post sunless moisturizer. Again, a post sunless moisturizer can be applied by hand or you can choose to have your post spray done in your session.
- Shower approximately 4-6 hours after your spray tan session.
- Avoid swimming or soaking in baths or hot tubs. If you're heading to a beach vacation or poolside you might want to consider catching some UV rays via indoor tanning instead of a sunless spray tan.. Spray tanning for a big tropical vacation will start off great but exposure to sun, sand and water will leave your spray tan faded and uneven.
- Refrain from excessive sweating for at least 8-10 hours after your session.. So make sure your hit up the gym BEFORE your spray.
- Moisturize daily. However steer clear of oil based lotions as these will cause your spray tan to fade faster. Sunless extenders work wonders not only by keeping your skin hydrated but by also giving you an added glow.
- Sunless Extenders - These are a great way to prolong your sunless spray tan. The hint of added bronzers in sunless extenders help reduce uneven color from fading.
- Upkeep for Your Face: Keep that glow fresh on your face with a tinted moisturizer or you can add DHA bronzing drops to your own moisturizer daily routine. Elevate Mind Body Studio offers a full line of salon quality products that you can use to maintain that flawless tan
- Lightly exfoliate every 2-3 days. This will help ensure that your tan fades evenly and gently. You won't be left with faded patches as long as you use a gentle exfoliator.