Being at the ready for your children or grandchildren on a day-to-day basis can be challenging enough. Throw in the occasional curveball from time to time and it can be downright demanding.
Yes, children have many needs that need to be met. But in order to have the energy to care for them, you must care for yourself.
Here are some tips for what you can do when you feel like you're running on empty.
- Make exercise a priority. Alone or as a family. This can include a group exercise class, working out solo at home or even going for a bike ride with the kids. Get together with some other "mommy friends" and take a group exercise class together while the kiddos play at the facilities child care program.
- Get adequate amounts of sleep when you can. Sleep when the children sleep and try not to stay up too late once those littles are down for the night.
- Eat right. Food is fuel! Making healthier food choices on a regular basis will not only provide you with energy but it can also help to keep all those kid germs at bay.
- Schedule a relaxing massage for yourself or just some time alone doing something that allows you to relax. Read book, participate in a yoga class or go for a walk sans kids.
- Spend time with other adult friends. This may sound like a no brainer however when you're entrenched in "parent mode" you may just find yourself having more conversations with 2 year olds than you'd like.
At Elevate Mind Body Studio we know that making time for yourself away from your favorite little people can be a struggle. Scheduling sitters or asking neighbors to watch the kids while you exercise or go for that massage or red light therapy can sometimes feel selfish or even awkward.
That's why we're excited to announce that we offer Child Watch services here at Elevate. Finally you can meet all of your own needs while leaving your children in the care of a professional child care attendant who is background checked and pediatric first aid and CPR certified.
Our Child Watch room has room and age appropriate toys for children as young as 6 months all the way up to 11 years old. Snacks are welcomed (just no nuts please!) as are personal electronic devices (iPads, kindles, etc). Netflix is ready to go if kids just want to relax and watch an age appropriate movie.
Care is provided for up to 2 hours on a walk-in, daily basis. You can purchase a single daily visit at the Front Desk or if you plan on using our Child Watch services regularly you can set up automatic monthly payments, saving both time and money on future visits.
*Daily Fees for Elevate Child Care
2 hour maximum per day for all payment methods
Single Visit Per Child
Members: $3.00 Non Members: $5.00
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - Noon / 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - Noon
*Elevate reserves the right to close 20 minutes early if no children are present. Hours during holidays are subject to change.